In these conditions:-
‘Owner’ – means the Ponsonby Sound Hire
“Hirer” – means the person, firm or company who has ordered/hired from the Owners the equipment as detailed.
1. Hire periods
It is the hirer’s responsibility to return the gear at the agreed time, if the equipment is returned late the hirer will be charged the daily hire fee of the equipment.
- The hirer must make full payment prior to or at the time of equipment pick up.
- All invoices must be paid before the due date stated on the invoice. Any overdue invoices may incur a late payment penalty of 5% which will be charged for every day until payment is made, if payment is still not received within 28 days the matter will be forwarded to either the court or a debt collection agency. All debt recovery costs will be incurred by the hirer.
- To secure the hired equipment full payment must be made. If cancellation is made 48 hours prior to booking date payment will be non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to request a bond which can be at any value.
3. Cancellations, Credits And Refunds
Full payment via Debit/Credit Card is required to request the reservation of equipment for a specific event date.
– If equipment requested is unavailable (and a suitable substitute cannot be recommended) you will be contacted, and a refund or credit note will be issued equal to the value of the affected items or to the full value of the booking.
– Our Refund Policy is strictly based on the time a booking cancellation is made. If a booking is cancelled:
a. within 1-3 days of the event date (or scheduled delivery date): no refund or credit will be issued.
b. within 4-7 days of the event date (or scheduled delivery date): a 50% credit note will be issued, strictly no refunds.
c. outside 7 days from the event date (or scheduled delivery date): a 100% credit or refund can be issued (less a $25 processing & handling fee).
We require the following:
– Two forms of ID (one being drivers licence)
– Latest utility bill with current address on it
* whom ever is picking up the equipment must provide the above with their information.
- The hirer is responsible for the equipment while in the hirer possession. The equipment is used at the hirer’s own risk and shall use the equipment in the correct manner. The owner hold no responsibility for any injury or loss caused by the equipment. The Hirer undertakes to indemnify the Owner against any claim for injury or loss whatsoever kind suffered by third party through the possession or use of the equipment by the Hirer
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the equipment is not damaged or stolen, if so the hirer must pay for the cost to replace or repair the equipment.
- The hirer must ensure that the equipment is returned in the same condition as when it was hired. The condition of the will be covered when picking up the equipment, any discrepancies or failure of equipment must be reported by calling (09) 390-0118 or the business mobile 021 333529 within 3 hours off collecting the equipment. If we are called out and find that the equipment has been damaged from the hirer or the hirer simply could not operate equipment correctly then this will be charged to the hirer accordingly.
- The hirer must not misuse the equipment, if so the owner is entitled to recover without notice or penalty the equipment used. If there has been any equipment damaged or modified the owner may proceed with further legal action.
- If the hirer has been instructed by authorities (council, police etc) to turn down or turn off the equipment the hirer must do so immediately. If the equipment is impounded the hirer is liable for the full recovery costs including a late return penalty if incurred.
6. Loss / Damaged / Repair
- The hirer must not attempt to repair any of the equipment, with the exception of removable serviced parts which are lamps and fuses. The removal of any other parts will void the warranty of the equipment in which the hirer will be liable for the full cost of replacing the equipment.
- If the equipment is damaged stolen or lost during the hire period the hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of the equipment plus any other loss of income which may have arisen due to loss of hireage.
- All equipment is tested and fully functional prior to being hired, the owner is not liable for any losses arising from failure of equipment. Failure of equipment must be reported by calling (09) 390-0118 or the business mobile 021 333529 within 3 hours off collecting the equipment. If we are called out and find that the equipment has been damaged from the hirer or the hirer simply could not operate equipment correctly then this will be charged to the hirer accordingly.
- Strictly no generators are to be used without the consent of the owner. Failure to inform will the owner will entitle us to the removal of the equipment without notice or penalty and will result in any further action if any equipment has been damaged.
Use Of This Website – Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice including pricing. All quotes provided by Ponsonby Sound Hire, whether written or verbal, remain valid for a length of one week unless specified otherwise.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Ponsonby Sound Hire prior written consent.
- We work hard to keep Ponsonby Sound Hire website current and accurate as possible. There maybe some instances due to our own error or matters out of our control may cause errors to occur.including grammatical mistakes, or inaccuracies that may be related to product description, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies and to change or update any information at any time without prior notice.
- We strive to make sure that all popular products listed on our website are in stock however due to the range of products we have available and depending on our suppliers have stock on hand we unfortunately can’t keep them all in stock. In the case that a product is not available or we are unable to fulfil your order we will notify you within 3 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder at an agreed new delivery date or a full refund.
- When you use the Ponsonby Sound Hire website or send us e-mails, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- When setting up and using your membership account on this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Ponsonby Sound Hire and its associates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
- Visitors are allowed to post reviews, comments or other content such as suggestions, ideas, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “:spam.”: You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Ponsonby Sound Hire reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.